Monday, January 25, 2010
This weekend was a good one! After hanging out with Abby on Saturday, I visited a new church today and went to downtown Philly with Krista! We visited the Reading Terminal Market where we had lunch before heading over to the art museum.
It was a great weekend right before the first full week of classes. Studying, here we go .
Friday, January 15, 2010
Yesterday I went to visit a local tea shop in town called The Perfect Blend. The shop is actually in a building that used to be a house to a family back in the day.
I was there to have lunch with my Grandmother. Isn't she the cutest?! And yes she is wearing the sweetest purple pants. I'm blessed to have a Grandma that still has style!
The inside is just the cutest and the people working there are very friendly and helpful (I have a hard time making decisions when I'm ordering).
Good conversation makes for good food!
It's been a while since I've spent some one-on-one time with my grandma so this was really nice to catch up. She's always been one to spend time with her grandchildren individually even though she has close to twenty!
We were both so full from lunch that we weren't able to try out all the tasty treats beneath the cases, but maybe next time (I HOPE next time!!).
On the other side of the cafe they had a tea shop that had walls of teas lined up ready to be taken home and brewed!
By the way, isn't this funky how this coffee "tea cup" looks like it's floating?? I guess you have to squint your eyes a bit, but I still think it's floating. : P
All in all I had a really good time and spent a couple great hours with my grandma. I'm so glad I have grandparents in my life, it's such a blessing!
Proverbs 16:31"Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained in a righteous life."
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Here are little tidbits about myself that you may or may not know.
- My (not so secret) vices are trips to panera, anything Jane Austen, hazelnut flavored coffee, and everything vintage : )
- I come from a large family of 6 children - four girls with two brothers sandwiched in the middle.
- I love spending time with friends and love building memories.
- I have a certain obsession with mixing patterns. I love stripes, polka dots, stripes, and polka dots (as well as some others :P).
- Winter is by far my favorite season. I love the snow as much as everyone else loves the sun!
- I ADORE bacon burgers + root beer. If there is one thing you must know about me ... this is it.
- I find it essential to be creative every single day. I love to write little notes, knit, and take photographs of everything and everyone.
- I shoot with a Canon Rebel XSI and would someday love to own a Nikon D7000. I'll gladly accept donations!
- He's my Savior, He's my Love, and He can be yours too.